Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny DiAmico Danny DiAmico is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014 18:45:02 +0000 (UTC), Danny D. wrote:

FCC 888-225-5322
https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...orm_type=2000A

FTC 877-382-4357
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Details

Even CNET was fooled!

Notice how DECEPTIVE Samsung was when they answered CNET's question
as to why there was so little memory left on the Samsung Galaxy S4:
http://dottech.org/107633/false-adve...has-8gb-usable

Samsung said (and I quote):
´For the Galaxy S4 16GB model, approximately 6.85GB occupies [the] system
part of internal memory, which is 1GB bigger than that of the Galaxy S3, in
order to provide [a] high resolution display and more powerful features to
our consumers. To offer the ultimate mobile experience to our users,
Samsung provides [a] microSD slot on Galaxy S4 for extension of memory.ˇ

Notice that Samsung didn't mention that you CAN'T USE that SDCARD
memory for app storage, which was the original problem in the
first place (that the app & os storage took up all the memory).

Also notice how Samsung IMPLIED (ever so insiduiously) that the
memory could be used to solve the problem (of app storage bloat).

To me, they are clearly being deceptive.
They even fooled CNET (who didn't mention what I'm saying above).