Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
TJ[_6_] TJ[_6_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On 04/08/2014 01:32 PM, Danny D. wrote:

I am, I agree, an uninformed consumer.
Sure, I had read the reviews; but I had not known, at the time, that
the reviewers hadn't actually *used* the phone to store any apps!

Thinking back, I don't think a single reviewer knew (or even tried)
that you couldn't use the SD card to store apps.

More likely they, as experienced smartphone users, know but don't
consider it as important as you do.

Realizing the reviewers failed on the most basic of specs, I am
tentatively concluding they're all just shills for advertising.

I doubt it. I expect reviewers are more interested in comparing how well
a phone runs apps compared to similarly-specked models, not how many you
can install before filling it up.

TJ