Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:54:30 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 10:22:59 -0700, The Other Guy wrote:

The LG Optimus L9 is scarcely available, but if you can get it, it's

the best MetroPCS smartphone that runs on T-Mobile's network right

now.

Apparently, OTHER PEOPLE don't agree with you.

I had read the reviews, and, what I *now* know is that they're

apparently mostly shills for the manufacturer, and not really

a detailed phone review.

That is, they're a "review" only in name, but not in function.

It was a rare review that even mentioned that they *downloaded*

a *single* app onto the phone. I suspect most didn't even create

a Google Play account, before they published the shill/review.

It seems, based on my read of the reviews, that they didn't

even *mention* how much usable memory was on the phone.

What kind of review, for a 4GB phone with only 600MB of memory,

doesn't tell the user that information?

Did the reviewers actually test the Tmobile version of
the phone? IMO, it's very possible that Tmobile's software load is the
problem, that for some reason their software load is unusually large.
My similar 4GB Android still has 1.3GB free. If they tested the phone
from a carrier other than Tmobile, the memory might be a lot more.

Especially when the 32GB

sdcard can't be used to store the apps that a user would want to

add.

That error of omission is, perhaps, excusable for a phone with

a lot of usable memory; but for a phone where the usable memory

is a paltry 600MB, it's a very important spec that, if a reviewer

omits it, I have to suspect the review as a mere shill.

I don't know if that makes them a shill or not, but I agree you
would think including how much usable memory the phone had and
that a Flash card can't be used for apps would be in the review.