Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 23:25:49 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

Perhaps we SHOULD have been able to intuit that we couldn't put apps on
the external sdcard, but I really don't see where that information is
readily available to the ordinary non-technical user.

I agree with you.
That's the fundamental problem.

I am, I agree, an uninformed consumer.
Sure, I had read the reviews; but I had not known, at the time, that
the reviewers hadn't actually *used* the phone to store any apps!

Thinking back, I don't think a single reviewer knew (or even tried)
that you couldn't use the SD card to store apps.

Realizing the reviewers failed on the most basic of specs, I am
tentatively concluding they're all just shills for advertising.

Even after having realized that sad fact, and, after learning
(the hard way) that there was only 600MB of usable storage for
apps on the hone, I *still* couldn't get T-Mobile to admit that,
until *after* I told them that I filed a complaint against them
(and, more importantly, that I included their employee ID numbers!)

So, in the end, you *can* get T-Mobile to tell the truth!
(it just takes reporting their employee ID to the FCC/FTC first).