Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 10:22:59 -0700, The Other Guy wrote:

The LG Optimus L9 is scarcely available, but if you can get it, it's
the best MetroPCS smartphone that runs on T-Mobile's network right
now.

Apparently, OTHER PEOPLE don't agree with you.

I had read the reviews, and, what I *now* know is that they're
apparently mostly shills for the manufacturer, and not really
a detailed phone review.

That is, they're a "review" only in name, but not in function.

It was a rare review that even mentioned that they *downloaded*
a *single* app onto the phone. I suspect most didn't even create
a Google Play account, before they published the shill/review.

It seems, based on my read of the reviews, that they didn't
even *mention* how much usable memory was on the phone.

What kind of review, for a 4GB phone with only 600MB of memory,
doesn't tell the user that information? Especially when the 32GB
sdcard can't be used to store the apps that a user would want to
add.

That error of omission is, perhaps, excusable for a phone with
a lot of usable memory; but for a phone where the usable memory
is a paltry 600MB, it's a very important spec that, if a reviewer
omits it, I have to suspect the review as a mere shill.