Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On 04/06/2014 02:30 PM, Danny D. wrote:

On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:11:55 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Different versions are going to take up different amounts
of space. You probably don't have an apples to apples comparison
of the same phone, same apps, with one version vs another, anyway,
which would be difficult to do.

True. T-Mobile told me the same thing. To which I answered that
they only had about a score of phones, and they all get the
same software, so, it's not all that difficult a task.

It would take a technician about an hour to compile, for
the twenty odd phones that T-Mobile owns, for example.

Anyway, what T-Mobile told me was that there are twice
as many of those specs as I would have thought, simply
because they said a pre-paid phone has different software
than a post-paid phone.

They sell only a few "pre-paid" phones. Low end. I put the pre-paid
T-Mobile SIM
from my previous Nokia flipphone into the unlocked BLU Dash 4.5
smartphone and it worked right off the bat. I'm willing to buy T-Mobile
$10/year prepaid service, but not a locked-in T-Mobile branded phone.

So, in toto, how many phones does T-Mobile sell at any
one time? I'm guessing about 20. So that's 40 numbers.

All in all, it's not all that onerous to tell the customer
the truth.

It takes one tech (or maybe his 8-year-old kid) to read off the storage
numbers for all the phones they sell. We have this nifty thing called
'communication' now. Sometimes paper, sometimes bits, but it really
works. They really have no excuse for not having that information
instantly available.

--
Cheers, Bev
Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.