Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On 04/05/2014 01:28 PM, Danny D. wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 14:41:56 -0500, K Wills wrote:

I think the 32 Gigs is for storage, not memory. I suppose Android
could use space on the card for virtual memory, but it wouldn't be
too efficient, IMO.

I'm not technically savvy, but, there (apparently) *are* ways to turn
the SD card into internal memory, and vice versa.

For example, googling, I find these, one of which which might swap
out the 4GB of internal memory for the 32 GB SD card (at the expense,
we presume, of speed):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edog.mounts2sd
"Mounts2SD is a customizable sd-ext control script that can be
used to move content to and from the second sdcard partition known
in Android as sd-ext."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...obile.move.app
"Move app in the easiest way。
€¢ Move apps to SD card"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...codlab.int2ext
"Ever wanted to swap your internal sdcard and your external sdcard?
Yes, you can ! ... fix this annoying thing which make your phone
using only few GB when you a full 64GB or even a 32GB one...
it works with every devices with external sdcards"

Every single one of these says "requires root" somewhere in the small
print. Even if it doesn't say so, it does. I know. I looked.

If I ever figure out how to turn the 32 GB SD card into internal
memory (from Android's standpoint), do you know what the drawbacks
might be?

Requires root :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.