Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Collet blocks , cup wheels , and end mills ...

On 2014-04-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in
:

And I've seen a lot of other Bridgeports which did not have any
form of way covers.

Again, used by folks who never bothered to restore the original
equipment.

Understood.

[ ... ]

A lot of guys have made a retractable "window blind" apron that covers
the rear Y ways and the knee dovetails completely, without the hassle of
snagging or bunching up behind the table.

That sounds interesting.

You really should spend the time to do that one thing right. It'll also
help keep coolant and chips out of the Y screw and the knee gear. The
sliding-panel cover for the Y screw always leaks just a little.

You'll have a chunk of change in that machine after conversion, no matter
how cheaply you bought the raw iron. You should protect it properly.

Just sayin'...

Understood. But until I get it complete, there is little point
to the covers. They just get in the way of work on the machine.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail