Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Monday, April 7, 2014 7:31:17 AM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 04:38:49 -0500, VinnyB wrote:

No it's not. That's RAM.

I'm sorry if I've confused you with the terms, "ROM"

and "Total Internal Memory" but I don't know any better

way to refer to what we're talking about.

They call it "ROM" on this T-Mobile support document,

just like I do:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5777

And, again, as I do, they call it "Total Internal Memory"

on this LG specification document:

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-...specifications

So, you can refer to it any way you like, but I think we have

been extremely specifically clear about what we have been

talking about, all along.

It really isn't ROM and then should not be calling it that. It's
actually pretty bad, it seems they aren't the only company that's
gone wrong here. ROM is Read Only Memory. It's either programmed
by mask at the factory or field programmed one time. The latter isn't
used anymore, it's been replaced long ago by Flash. ROM can't be
changed. What these phones use are Flash and I believe like you do
that what they are calling ROM is really Flash Memory. It holds the
OS, apps, data, pics, etc. But they should either call it Flash
or else refer to it as internal storage.