Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Did the parking brake break?

Tegger wrote:

....snip...

I figure the driver was lying. The local newspaper never did a followup
article after their original article covering the incident, so I have no
idea if the driver was ever charged with anything.

The "follow-up" wasn't sensational enough to be newsworthy. No one in the
general public cares if the driver was fired or charged, it's the idea of a
runaway 18 wheeler that gets our attention.

Now, if they had flogged the driver in public or made him lay down as an 18
wheeler rolled over him, you can be sure it would have been covered. Some
poor slob losing his job, maybe losing his pension, maybe going to jail for
a short time? Nah...not news.