Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default AA Battery chargers

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 18:43:40 +0100
Davey wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:30:32 +0100
Davey wrote:

Our Duracell NiMH AA/AAA recharger has died. I have recently added
some 1700 mAh batteries to the mix of original 1300 mAh ones, which
may or may not have precipitated its death. I am looking for a
replacement charger, able to sensibly recharge these, preferably in
any mix. Are there any brands/models known to be good or bad?

I'll look at Maplin, CPC, etc, but personal recommendations are
always welcome.

Many thanks for all the replies. I have ordered a 7dayshop 808LCD, it
compared well, was well priced, and I needed to order something today.

It arrived today, which is not bad. The 'User Manual' was printed on a
photocopier, and is barely readable, but the charger seems to work. The
manual mentions how to set it to 'Recharge' before 'Charge', but gives
no indication as to when this might be worth doing, which is very
unhelpful. I am currently (sorry) just recharging all the batteries, and
I will note any that seem to have problems of any kind.
I dismantled the old Duracell charger, and there is nothing obviously
wrong with it. Maybe the overtemp. sensor has failed. It might just
become a source of parts.

--
Davey.