Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

On 04/05/2014 04:49 AM, Danny D. wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 03:01:39 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

From my experience of the Android platform on phones, you won't find it is
much different from your experience with the T-Mobile phone, right across
the board.

I think the "problem" is that the "little lie" becomes a "big lie" the
closer your internal memory gets to 4GB.

For example, if they lie by 4GB in a 32GB phone, you still have a usable
28GB of "usable" memory.

Likewise, if they lie by 4GB in a 16GB or even 8GB phone, you still have
a usable 12GB and 4GB respectively.

But, if they lie by 4GB in a 4GB phone, you end up with a useless phone.

Compound that lie with the lie of the promise of the SD card, and you
are dead in the water with a phone you never would have bought, had the
carrier provided the truth when you looked up the specs and asked on
the phone about the "usable" memory.

A knowledgeable person might have defined 'usable' as 'usable for
downloading and running additional applications'; the problem is that
NOBODY is knowledgeable the first time they buy a smartphone...or
computer...or anything else that's fairly complex; there's always SOME
nasty surprise no matter how much research you do.

Had that been done I think T-Mobile wouldn't have had a leg to stand on,
especially if you'd recorded the conversation. I also think that the
helpdroid would have said exactly the same thing -- "Sure you can do it"
-- because he didn't expect to hear the qualifier. Sort of like WW2
'dazzle' paint on ships :-)

--
Cheers, Bev
Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.