Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Small Capacitors: What Numbers Critical?

On 04/07/2014 11:15 AM, wrote:
Now that I've seen the pictures, tell you this much, that looks like that conductive glue.

NO, it's not supposed to be conductive...

Remove it in all units, it'll eat your solder mask and create all kinds of problems if it is what I think it is.

Of course it has been known to fail like that for the last fifteen years, that's why they use it, to sell new cameras when the old ones fail.

OK, that's a new one for me, that brown glue can become conductive over
time? I'll have to pull out a megger and check that out, but it won't
surprise me now.

Can you expand on this Brown Glue issue a bit or provide reference links?

Thanks for the tip!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com