Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default Small Capacitors: What Numbers Critical?

John Robertson wrote:
On 04/07/2014 6:30 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

But I'm having fits trying to find a replacement where they don't
rape me on shipping.

Order two of these
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1968-ND/589709
at 38 cents each from Digi-Key and send them a check. (If the lead
spacing or physical size isn't correct, they have three other 15 uF,
100 V, 105 C caps for 36 to 58 cents each.) If you send Digi-Key a
check with the order, they will pay for the shipping to the US and
Canada. You will be out 49 cents for the stamp.

Where are you located that shipping is such a cost?

He neglected to say in his first post about this problem. Several
people, including me, gave him ideas, which he did not respond to.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/Yv9EDsOC9GQ

Part of the problem is that I think he wants to buy just two capacitors,
so the typical $5-$7 shipping charge is much greater than the parts
cost.

Matt Roberds