Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Old Threads

On 04/06/2014 10:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/6/2014 9:11 AM, philo wrote:
On 04/06/2014 09:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Which tube should I replace, in my black and white TV?

"black and while" is extraneous they didn't know about color TV in the
olden times.

BTW: I wonder how many here knew about the very early TV's

http://www.earlytelevision.org/mechanical.html

I'd not considered that, about them not knowing
about color. I guess that's part of the problem
of living in the first United States.

Back in those days, just having a TV was so amazing no one even thought
about color. When color TV's were first available they were very
expensive and the quality was poor...so most people stayed with B&W.

Color TV's did not become popular until the late 60's when the price
dropped and the quality rose.

BTW: My father told me he first saw television in 1949. He watched a
boxing match on (probably) an 8 inch screen and did not think TV was
going to catch on.