Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default First group of Canada geese sighted

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 21:04:42 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

A lot of them hang around here too, which leads to a little conflict.
Ospreys build large, if messy, nests and seem to prefer powerpoles.

Yes. In the Florida Keys they do. I worked in Miami, with a Yankee
that was not familiar with Ospreys. We were on a fishing boat one day
as a group retreat. . He commented about "all the Bald Eagles". I
chuckled and explained those birds are not Bald Eagles. He even tried
to argue with me about it.

The nest does look like and is as big as an Eagle nest.

Pics:

http://www.stormeyes.org/tornado/digitals/sfl0809/osprey.jpg

http://mapinit.com/images/lst-feature/1-1080-osprey-nest.JPG