Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 09:31:17 -0400, TJ wrote:

If I were you and I still wanted to pursue the matter, I'd involve some
consumer advocate groups like Consumer Reports. My guess is they already
have several others who feel as betrayed as you do.

I've always wanted to get Consumer Reports (aka Consumers Union) involved,
especially when the *true* test of how much *usable* memory is far different
than the carrier's *advertised* internal memory specifications.

But, I could never find the correct *person* to speak to.
Everyone I spoke to had absolutely no clue what I was saying (technically).

Basically, all my prior inquiries in the past went into a black hole:
http://consumersunion.org/about/contact-us/
Consumers Union in NY 914-378-2000 (press 0 for the operator)
In Texas 512-477-4431, in Washington 202-462-6262, SF 415-431-6747

The best I could do is write a measly review:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/p...ory-select.htm

But, what we'd like to ask CR to do is run a *test* of the true
available memory on the budget smartphones, which should be right
down their alley.

For that, we'd need to get an *editor* interested in the concept.
http://consumersunion.org/experts-staff/

Do you have any decent Consumers Union contact information for someone
who would understand that, and, more importantly, *care* about writing
such an article on budget smartphone usable memory?

I don't.
(They never answer email to their general inbox.)