Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 02:58:57 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

The solution, of course, is to 'root' the phone.
Then you can do what you like with the storage ...

I've never rooted a phone, but, I may be forced to do so,
just to make the phone usable.

My son is a whizz with this sort of thing. He recently installed the latest
Samsung update on his phone, but it was so buggy, that it screwed many
things that had been previously ok, including making it incredibly slow, and
generating random freeze-ups and crashes. Eventually, in frustration at not
being able to reinstate the previous version, he just rooted the thing. He
now enjoys full speed and stable performance, with the added benefit that he
can now use the internal and external storage just as he wishes.

I do agree with you that *all* the preloaded apps won't allow
you to move them.

I guess if you could move them, you could delete them.

I had a problem with mine rejecting texts because it said that it was out of
storage space, but when you went looking for what was actually left free, it
declared that there was plenty. I managed to shift a couple of apps to the
card, and that freed up enough space to keep me going, but I was still not
happy. Eventually, I found an app on there that was something like "Samsung
Updater" which was a utility for keeping apps downloaded from their app
store up to date. This app was massive, and since I don't have anything on
the phone that would need it, I tried to see if it would delete and Lo! it
did, which freed up considerable space. Thing is, I have a phone for phoning
and texting with. I'm not really interested in its 'smart' features other
than the ability to use it as a camera and a couple of other useful things.
I have no need to run Faceache or ****ter or the 101 games and other ****
that kids run. If I really want that, then I have a tablet or computer.
Unfortunately, the current Android platforms that the phone manufacturers
have locked into their products, just don't allow me to customise my phone
to the level that I want to, which seems to be your problem as well. Seems
to rather defeat the original concept of Android being 'open', to me ...

Arfa

Mewonders if Google makes certain apps non-removable (e.g., Chrome)
because it's in there best interest. Yet, mewonders why
T-Mobile makes certain apps (e.g., T-Mobile TV) non-removable,
since there are plenty of their apps I'd never ever use but
I can't get rid of.