Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speakers and wire length

"Black Iccy" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 05:43:35 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

The bel is the logarithm (to the base 10) of a power
ratio. Decibels are ten times that.

Errm, 1/10_th surely.

Nope. There are ten decibels in one bel.

My point stands. A decibel is 1/10 of a bel.
That's what I said before. It's NOT what you wrote.

In a rare show of magnanimity, Professor Marvel accepts the criticism.

What I meant to say was that "Decibels are obtained by multiplying bels by
ten." What I wrote was ambiguous.

You caught me on one my pet peeves. Ever seen an FM tuner with the dial
labeled "x 1MHz"? The displayed number is actually the frequency /divided/ by
1MHz.