Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Collet blocks , cup wheels , and end mills ...

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in
:

If you are going to be grinding on your mill -- be sure to
protect all the ways thoroughly. The grinding swarf is a killer for
unprotected ways.

Most mills of any consequence have protected ways as part of their
design.

It's hardly the same as "grinding on a lathe".

Lloyd

You both have good points ... my mill does have accordion covers over the
ways , but I'd still cover the table and stuff with something just to be
sure . After looking as several different units , it looks fairly simple to
build a device to hold in the vise that will set the 2 angles and have
indexing . I'm sure glad I bought a RT with indexing plates when I had some
money !
--
Snag