Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default AA Battery chargers

On 04/04/2014 16:18, Chris K wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Davey wrote:

Our Duracell NiMH AA/AAA recharger has died. I have recently added some
1700 mAh batteries to the mix of original 1300 mAh ones, which may or
may not have precipitated its death. I am looking for a replacement
charger, able to sensibly recharge these, preferably in any mix.

I have found this to be pretty good. Being intelligent, it will
also refresh tired batteries.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technoline-Intelligent-battery-charger-Version/dp/B003S4JQS2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1396613903&sr=1-3&keywords=bl700

Chris

Seconded, though it can be confused by a cell that has been reverse
charged by being the weakest in a set of 2 or more used in a device.
They are rejected as dead. A few seconds in parallel with an ordinary
alkaline cell with charge them enough for the charger to recognise them
(or keep a cheap dumb charger to hand).

Ah, wondered what that was - get it every so often with my Lidl charger.
Quick blast on dumb charger 'fixes' it, as you say.

--
Cheers, Rob