Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair covered by homeowner's insurance?

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:03:32 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:27:11 PM UTC-7, Judson McCranie wrote:
My parents have a house that was built in the late 1940s. The sewer
pipe is the old ceramic type and it runs under the house. Part of it
has collapsed and the plumber says he knows where. To get to it, he
would have to go through the floor and jackhammer through the concrete
slab. He thinks that their homeowner's insurance will cover it (after
the deductable).

Does the insurance cover things like this?

I hope you don't make a decision like that based on something posted here. The proper answer is: "Ask her insurance provider" All policies are not identical.

Harry K

No they are not, but a "standard homeowners policy" does not cover it.
If she is covered she has purchased extended coverage at (significant)
extra cost.