Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
Danny DiAmico Danny DiAmico is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 14:44:53 -0400, Phil Hobbs wrote:

Consumer complaints can start at the state AG's office.

Thanks. I never complained to an AG before, but
what I found on the FCC web site says I need to fill
out the "Form 2000A - Deceptive or Unlawful Advertising
and Promotion Complaint":
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/Form2000A.pdf

Then I will call the FTC at 888-225-5322 to provide
the necessary information. And I will fax the form
to 866-418-0232, and send a paper copy to the address:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

Basically, if you go to the T-Mobile web site, they
don't tell you the usable memory is nearly zero:
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5777

And, if you call them, they will email you the same
information (saying the usable memory is 4GB when, in
fact, it's nearly zero GB).