Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Repair covered by homeowner's insurance?

On 4/3/2014 8:27 PM, Judson McCranie wrote:
My parents have a house that was built in the late 1940s. The sewer
pipe is the old ceramic type and it runs under the house. Part of it
has collapsed and the plumber says he knows where. To get to it, he
would have to go through the floor and jackhammer through the concrete
slab. He thinks that their homeowner's insurance will cover it (after
the deductable).

Does the insurance cover things like this?

Years ago I had a pipe freeze and break.
The insurance covered the damage to the house which was ceiling drywall
but did not cover the repair of the pipe.