Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default AA Battery chargers

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 10:38:31 +0000 (UTC)
(D.M.Chapman) wrote:

In article , Davey
wrote:
Our Duracell NiMH AA/AAA recharger has died. I have recently added
some 1700 mAh batteries to the mix of original 1300 mAh ones, which
may or may not have precipitated its death. I am looking for a
replacement charger, able to sensibly recharge these, preferably in
any mix. Are there any brands/models known to be good or bad?

I'll look at Maplin, CPC, etc, but personal recommendations are
always welcome.

I've got an Ansmann Energy 8 Plus - and it's brilliant.

Not cheap though - you didn't give an indication of price so don't
know if this is in range

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FR6SNK

Darren

I saw the Ansmann name (which I don't know) all over the CPC site, so
that is a good recommendation from you. Yes, that's a high price
(although they offer one used at 50p!), but Ansmann have a good range.
Many thanks.

Looking at the spec. for my dead Duracell charger, it says that its
Output was 360 mAh, but it was supplied with (4) AA NiMH batteries, each
with a charging draw of 130 mA, so it could not, in theory, even
provide full charge for a full load of (4) cells, requiring 520mA. So
adding some 170mA cells probably did for it.

--
Davey.