Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] KLayton888@aol.com is offline

Default OT? LCD monitor dead OT?

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:01:52 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
There was a lot of knowledge displayed above in the "computers" thread so

My 22" LCD just went dark . When the comp is hooked to it the power light

does go green when I input , so I'm fairly sure the logic board is OK . I've

disassembled it and the CCFL's look OK and none of the caps on the power

supply are bulged . I'm not sure it's worth fixing if it means throwing

parts at it . I'd like suggestions on testing the power supply , and yes I

know there are some pretty high voltages present . The CCFL's are a bit dark

on the ends , but not as bad as photos of failed units I found on the

interwebs .

--

Snag

Suggest posting on sci.electronics.repair