Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? LCD monitor dead OT?

Retired wrote:
On 4/3/14, 4:01 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
There was a lot of knowledge displayed above in the "computers"
thread so ...

My 22" LCD just went dark . When the comp is hooked to it the
power light does go green when I input , so I'm fairly sure the
logic board is OK . I've disassembled it and the CCFL's look OK and
none of the caps on the power supply are bulged . I'm not sure it's
worth fixing if it means throwing parts at it . I'd like suggestions
on testing the power supply , and yes I know there are some pretty
high voltages present . The CCFL's are a bit dark on the ends , but
not as bad as photos of failed units I found on the interwebs .

What make / model ?? Does it not have any front or side panel
setup/test buttons ??

Envision Model G22LWk . It does have setup buttons on the front lower
center , pushing them in any sequence does nothing . Push the power button
and the light comes on green . If not hooked to a system it'll go amber .
This thing kinda flickered once then went dead . I thought it might be the
backlight tubes , but they look OK . Bad caps on the power supply are a
known source of problems , but none of these are bulged or leaking . I'm a
bit lost here . This comp I'm using is where it belongs , and it runs this
old CRT unit just fine ...
--
Snag