Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default OT? LCD monitor dead OT?

On 04/03/2014 03:13 PM, IGot2P wrote:
On 4/3/2014 3:01 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
There was a lot of knowledge displayed above in the "computers"
thread so

My 22" LCD just went dark . When the comp is hooked to it the power
light
does go green when I input , so I'm fairly sure the logic board is OK
. I've
disassembled it and the CCFL's look OK and none of the caps on the power
supply are bulged . I'm not sure it's worth fixing if it means throwing
parts at it . I'd like suggestions on testing the power supply , and
yes I
know there are some pretty high voltages present . The CCFL's are a
bit dark
on the ends , but not as bad as photos of failed units I found on the
interwebs .

Green power light or not, first try hooking it to another system.

Absolutely! The green light can also go on if the video signal is out
of range so there is a possibility the problem is with the computer and
not the monitor.

If the monitor is bad I doubt that it would be worth fixing as a new 22
inch monitor is probably $150.