Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default How to arrange used parts shipping Internationally

In sci.electronics.repair Mathis Lefebvre wrote:
mroberds wrote, on Thu, 03 Apr 2014 18:06:07 +0000:

from the US to Germany, the minimum you are looking at is probably
$25 to $30, but it'll be hard to go over $50 for several pounds of
stuff.

It has to go /from/ Italy to the US.
I didn't realize the US Postal Service does that.
Do they?

I've only shipped things the other direction. I give it to the USPS,
they fly it to Germany, and then Deutsche Post delivers it to the
recipient in Germany.

I'm pretty sure that if somebody in Italy gives it to Poste Italiane,
they will fly it to the US, and then the USPS will deliver it to the
recipient in the US.

Poste Italiane will probably pick up the box at the person's house or
work, but it will need to be already boxed up, with the customs forms on
it, and have postage. If you want somebody to go to the person's house,
pack loose items into a box, and take it to the post office, then the
quotes of $100 and up that you were getting seem entirely reasonable.

In unrelated news, your newsreader appears to be damaging the
the threading.

"

Matt Roberds