Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Source Of Capacitors?

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:43:14 AM UTC-7, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Can anybody cite a source where they don't charge so much for shipping?

DigiKey.com is cheap for US shipping on orders that weigh no more than
8 ounces because they ship them through the US Postal Service.

I don't know how trustworthy Alibaba is, but most Ebay capacitor
dealers sell low grade brands or even counterfeits, but one of the
few honest dealers is:

http://stores.ebay.com/PC-MotherBoard-Capacitors-Store

They buy surplus from Japan, but I don't think they have many
high voltage capacitors.

I've seen counterfeits sold by DealExtreme.com, including
some capacitors meant to be Nichicon brand (4 radial spokes stamped
on top), and some of them looked a lot like Teapo (3 radial spokes
with a dot between each pair):

http://www.dx.com/p/3300uf-16v-mothe...4#.Uzz8CahdWiM

I think I've also seen counterfeit Sanyo/Sun caps with those Teapo
markings instead of the usual Sanyo/Sun fat "K" stamp on top.