Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speakers and wire length

When I got my first CD player (CDP-101) it had a single D-A converter so
there was a 45 degree phase shift at 10 KHz. Keep in mind it's not a 'phase
shift as much as a time offset (45uS). Translating that to path length in
air it works out to 0.15 inches so the question was, if I turn my head to
'match' the path lengths, can I hear the difference? The answer is no and I
seriously doubt anybody can.

** Have you still got your CDP101 ??

I ordered one soon as they became available in Sydney - the dealer said I
was the first to pick one up in May 1982, IIRC.

Mine it still in regular use.

..... Phil