John

Default Cistern drip

I have just fitted a new bottom inlet valve (Fluidmaster) - it came with a
squidgy rubber washer. It doesn't leak!
Have you got a washer?
--

Regards

John

"Ad" wrote in message
om...
It is common with bad practise from lack of experience of how to make

good
plumbing joints ,be they soldered or compression,lack of the correct

tools
in diy circumstance is also a facter to consider

Thanks Alex & John. But, Erm, the pipe I cut back a bit (water inlet)
cured the leak on that one. The one i didn't cut (underneath, delivers
flush to pan) is the one with the leak. This leaky one just has a has
a plastic screw ring that you're supposed to tighten to make
water-tight - only it ain't.

Suppose i'll try some of the sealers in my 1st post, & if doesn't work
take the cistern back to Plumb centre for another.

Cheers
Ad

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.