Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Source Of Capacitors?

..
On 4/2/2014 10:42 AM, jeanyves wrote:
On 2014-04-02 16:43:14 +0200, (PeteCresswell) said:

I need a couple of 15uF, 100v radial capacitors - 105c.

Typically the online price is less than a dollar each, but the shipping
is closer to $10.00.

I've been looking through Alibaba because the Chinese government seems
to subsidize shopping. I've gotten smart phone subassemblies shipped
all the way from Guandong for zero shipping.... but no luck yet with
capacitors.

Can anybody cite a source where they don't charge so much for shipping?

you can get them with low shipping on ebay.

Shipping costs are crazy, I sold a tek 465 minus the case, I allowed
$32.95 for shipping. It cost Over $39.00 to ship.
I recently bought an HP8640B that turned out to by not working, I
shipped it back, it cost $43.95 to ship. I got my $430 returned on the
Ebay purchase to cover the item and shipping. But I have not been
offered the defective item return shipping costs.
I even made my offer contingent that the frequency counter work. I
noted in their pictures that the display read zero and the range setting
was 512 Mhz. I pointed out it could be the int/ext switch and to
verify proper operation. When I got it the counter didn't work.
I'll keep arguing my case.
I should get me new working 8640B today, they tried delivery yesterday,
I wasn't home when they came by.
Mikek