Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Speakers and wire length

On 04/01/2014 9:57 AM, wrote:
Since the Pioneer SX-434 is working so well, thanks in part to advice
I recieved here, I'm going to hang the speakers in the shop and use
it. One speaker will be about two feet from the SX-434 while the other
will be 30 feet away. Will it make that big of a difference if the
speaker wires are of such different lengths? I have enough speaker
wire laying around that I could make them both the same length. I
could just coil up the wire to near speaker.
Thanks,
Eric

If it is just background music, then you can use almost anything on
hand. If you are going for music quality with some volume, then minimum
18 gauge.

Louder? 16 gauge.

Stadium? 00 gauge. (right...)

John :-#)#