Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Speakers and wire length

On 4/1/2014 11:57 AM, wrote:
Since the Pioneer SX-434 is working so well, thanks in part to advice
I recieved here, I'm going to hang the speakers in the shop and use
it. One speaker will be about two feet from the SX-434 while the other
will be 30 feet away. Will it make that big of a difference if the
speaker wires are of such different lengths? I have enough speaker
wire laying around that I could make them both the same length. I
could just coil up the wire to near speaker.
Thanks,
Eric

How many uh inductor is your speaker wire coil going to be? ;-)

On a note I found interesting;
The local marine tech was here at the marina to
do a welding repair on a boat. For some reason
he could not get the welder to work properly. The
problem turned out to be the excess cable was wound
up and piled on his trailer, making an inductor. The
inductor was enough to limit the High frequency current.
He straightened out the cable and all worked well.
Another thing I found odd, the High frequency was generated
using a spark gap. Seems so old tech, but I guess it is still
common in welders.
Mikek