Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Toilet tank help!!

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 02:44:02 +0000, necountrygrl
wrote:

I was taking off my toilet tank per instructions do put in new "guts".
While unscrewing the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl, I broke off a
chunk of porcelain in which the bolt connects to. The break didnt split
the hole, just a piece about two inches all the way around it. Can this be
glued back together or do I have to get a new toilet now???

Unless this toilet is on the lowest floor, with only dirt underneath
the bathroom floor, as cheap as I am, I'd still buy a new tank or a new
toilet. (and new bolts and nuts to attach the tank to the existing
bowl)

I don' tthink they stock tanks at big box stores, and using their
catalog seems unreliable -- hard to tell if it's the same or not, if it
fits or not -- but a real plumbing supply store will, if you bring your
tank with you, and the brand and model if it says. andif your toilet
isn't very old or imported or something, likely have a tank that's just
like yours or will fit. Are plumbing supplies stores cheaper or more
expensive than HD, for example? HD has a wide range of toilet tank
prices.

Don't get a fancy imported toilet. My brother's wife did and it never
had high enough water and got dirty all the time

(Guys, could I have adjusted that??)

I haven't had to remove a tank yet, and I've wondered if I could get one
off without breaking something.