Posted to alt.home.repair
David LaRue David LaRue is offline

Default Battery operated weed trimmers?

KenK wrote in
:

Weed trimmer, string trimmer, edger, whatever you call them? Anyone
have/had one using batteries? I dislike fooling with gasoline and
little twu-cycle engines and my current electric unit has that
annoying loooong power cord and gets power most conveniently from a
touchy outside ground- fault detecting receptacle that sometimes, even
when the vegetation is dry, too-often requires resets.

I've casually looked the those with batteries on-line and they appear
quite expensive. If you have one, how long does that battery run
before it needs recharging? Like 15 minutes, 20, 30? Probably depends
a lot on unit and battery size. I'm afraid bettery replacements will
be very expense - and perhaps hard to find.

Again, if you've used them, what is your experience? Would you get
another?

TIA

I have a Black and Decker battery powered unit from about seven years
ago that is still going strong. It is used once a week or so for about
30 minutes. It has never appeared to slow down so I presume it could
run much longer. When not in use it sits on the charger. I'd recommend
one.