Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Battery operated weed trimmers?

Weed trimmer, string trimmer, edger, whatever you call them? Anyone
have/had one using batteries? I dislike fooling with gasoline and little
twu-cycle engines and my current electric unit has that annoying loooong
power cord and gets power most conveniently from a touchy outside ground-
fault detecting receptacle that sometimes, even when the vegetation is dry,
too-often requires resets.

I've casually looked the those with batteries on-line and they appear quite
expensive. If you have one, how long does that battery run before it needs
recharging? Like 15 minutes, 20, 30? Probably depends a lot on unit and
battery size. I'm afraid bettery replacements will be very expense - and
perhaps hard to find.

Again, if you've used them, what is your experience? Would you get another?

TIA