Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default FloodSafe Washer Hoses - They Work!

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 04:40:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

micky wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:55:13 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03 wrote:

...snip...

When I was done with the plumbing, I attached the hoses to the closed
shutoffs and turned the water on to test the system. The open ends of the
hoses were in the utility sink just in case the shutoffs didn't do what
they were supposed to do.

Now I'm confused. What did you think they were supposed to do?

If they weren't turn-off-hoses, they weren't supposed to do anything but
let the water pour out.

Re-read what I wrote. Oh, never mind, I'll write it again...

"...just in case the _shutoffs_ didn't do what they were supposed to do."

In other words, since I attached the hoses to the closed _shutoffs_ that I
had just installed, I put the open ends of the hoses in the sink just in
case the _shutoffs_ didn't actually shut the water off.

I would never refer to a "flow rate activated flood prevention mechanism"
as a "shutoff" since the term "shutoff" has a specific meaning in the
language of plumbing.

Okay. Thanks.