Kevin Neelley

Default What glue is best to use for segmented turning?

Actually, neither are aliphatic resin glues. Titebond II is a polyvinyl acetate
glue (PVA) and Probond is a polyurethane glue. The original Titebond is an
aliphatic resin glue. I have found that Titebond II is the best glue for
segmented turning.

Kevin

In article , Dan Bollinger
says...

Both are aliphatic resin adhesives. (fyi: adhesive is the proper term that
applies here, not glue) I've glued up turning blocks and then cut very think
bowls from them. I have some that are 18 years old. About the time aliphatic
resins were introduced. Dan

"georgetroy" wrote in message
. com...
(RonZ) wrote in message

.com...
What glue is best to use for segmented turning?

CA, epoxy, polyurethane, yellow aliphatic resin, something else?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

When faced with a choice I choose to use Titebond II. I like the water
resistance and fast set. Pro bond by Elmers would also be a good
choice, the mfg. has upgraded the glue to make it meet the same water
resistance specs. as Titebond II. The Pro bond is less runny than
Titebond. You can even find Pro Bond at Wal-Mart. Good for a late
night run. My segmented turning site.
http://www.georgetroygraphics.com

Kevin Neelley
http://www.turnedwood.com