Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default stuck sink supply water valve

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:38:19 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 07:35:01 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

you know, the valves under the sink. They are both stuck (open,
fortunately). Is this a common problem? What is the solution? How do you
prevent this from happening?

One way to _help_ prevent them from sticking is to keep them
partially closed after install - say 1/8 of a turn. This allows them
to be opened a tad before being closed the next time. IOW, never keep
them fully opened.

Hi,
Ditto, I never open it fully. On any valve for that matter.
I'd try to turn it with good leverage using a vise grip
pliers. Worst rreplace it with a ball valve.

Good leverage is when ya don't break sumpin

Ball valves are the way to go when replacing an angle-stop valve under
the sinks or toilets.

I put a 3/4 inch one on my water heater. The rest of my house is PEX &
manifold, no angle valve at fixtures and not used. Turn each fixture
off at the manifold. Putting one on my water heater was a job well
done and necessary after I had an emergency. (my plan was to add it
after the next WH change)
--
Definition of a camel: A horse designed by a committee