Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Electrics for AV/audio - sockets or strips?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Bunch of amateurs. Cables to speakers etc should be either rigged so
they can't be tripped over or protected from that. To make this a
reason not to use a locking connector says much about him. As any
roadie worthy of the name would tie off a 1/4" jack lead to the
speaker precisely because it is so easily pulled out. And any cable to
a stand mounted speaker secured so it doesn't attempt to pull over the
speaker - which should be on a sensible stable stand anyway, where the
public are admitted.

And this from the man that said that roadies were so professional that
they were likely to get input and output jacks confused when rigging
the gear. Sheesh ...

Do you even think before posting this crap?

Do you ??

Still if the great Dave says it, it must be true ...

Some of us have dealt with this sort of thing all our working lives and
have opinions based on experience.

But you can't accept that a person that I have told you also has a
lifetime's experience of PA supply and rigging, can have any opinion that is
different from yours, and could be just as valid ? And I actually find it
deeply offensive that you call him an amateur because he doesn't do this
work in TV studios, or wherever you think it has to be to be considered
'professional'.

I used to have a deal of respect for you and your experience Dave, but in
this discussion, you have shown yourself to be a pompous and opinionated
ass, so totally blinkered as to be unable to even *consider* that you might
just be wrong with some of your beliefs.

The fact that a legacy connector is
still a standard in one area doesn't make it the best for the job. If it
were, it would be universal.

And as I said to Tony, in order for it to be considered 'legacy' it would
have to no longer be in current usage, which clearly is not the case, so
'legacy' and 'still a standard' in the same sentence, is a contradiction in
terms ...

Arfa

--
*Born free - taxed to death *