Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Better-quality rattle-can nozzle?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:26:24 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"thunk" wrote in message
.. .
I do a fair bit of painting of small bits with rattle-can paint. You
can get some pretty good paint in cans if you look around.

My problem is that they all have different nozzles and patterns,
plus
I only use a bit of a can at a time, so they get clogged/lost...

Is there a gizmo made that is like a grip-trigger arrangement with a
good EASILY CLEANABLE nozzle that you can plug onto a rattle-can?

Remember to take the nozzle off the can and dip it in solvent RIGHT
after you're done spraying, thunk.

As to triggers, they're available, but I've never seen one with a
built-in nozzle.

There are several solvents in spray cans, like carb and brake cleaner.
Move the nozzle to one that has a similar type (odor) of solvent and
flush it out. For lacquer-based paints you can soak the nozzle in
lacquer thinner or nail polish remover and then flush with cleaner.

I tend to use lacquer thinner for most things of this sort.

I haven't had a problem with them as long as I turn the can over
afterwards and spray until the paint color nearly disappears.

Ditto.

I think easiest of all for thunk would be to simply purchase beaucoup
nozzles. They're cheap on eBay. I got 30 for $5 or so a few years
ago. I lose a lot of nozzles in the truck. OK, $6.94 delivered now.
http://tinyurl.com/lnlyfwb Cheaper than a couple cans of paint.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.