Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default gas oven takes a long time to preheat

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:44:40 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:

My gas oven takes 30 minutes to preheat. Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? GP

Hi,

Did it work fine and now changed behavior?

That would indeed seem to be a critical piece of missing information.
Another would be if it stays fired the whole time or is somehow cycling
on and off. Also depends on pre-heating to what temp? 300? 450?

I don't know if gas ovens have changed, but a few years ago I replaced
my electric ovens and the new ones definitely take longer to heat up
compared to the 25 year old ones.
I'm guessing maybe 50% longer. If I had known this before I switched,
I would have measured it to confirm it. I think it probably takes at least
20 mins to get to 400F. Next time I run it I'll time it, just to know.