Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Belt Source for 3.5 in floppy drives

On 03/24/2014 09:24 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
Hello, all. For those of us who enjoy keeping "ancient" devices
maintained, could anyone recommend some vendors of replacement
motor-to-spindle belts for floppy drives? After 25+ years a lot of
these belts have disintegrated into an ooey-gooey mess (that'll stick on
everything). Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Hello, all. First, let me thank those who responded to my OP. My
further investigation revealed that most internal 3.5" FDDs had
direct-driven spindles. Only a few seem to use belts. Two belt-driven
candidates I've identified are the Newtronics/Mitsumi D357B and the NEC
FD121M. Any additional comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: