Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default NE-2 I-V Curve ??

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:39:38 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone have an accurate I-V curve for an NE-2 neon indicator lamp?

(I think it's time I applied TANH to it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Yep. TANH! But handles neon much better if you use
current-controlled voltage source, rather than current-controlled
current source (which will be just ducky for tunnel diode modeling).

Falling back on my math crutches (I use several :-) I show the
preliminary results at...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/NeonModeling_CurrentControlledVoltageSource.pdf

Still need to parameterize the valley shape to suit all possibilities.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |