Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT - Pennies on the rail tracks.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:21:49 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/26/2014 8:19 PM, nestork wrote:
When I was a kid, me and my friends would put coins on the railway
tracks and let the trains run over them. I learned that nickel was much
harder than copper.

Now, pennies are zinc. I'm not sure how zinc
rates, on hardness. Harder than copper, I'd
guess.

Every now and then would find those explosive devices used to strap to the
track that when run over would make a super loud bang to alert the
engineer to stop the train. Ever find those?

Although handy to walk along the tracks, I quickly learned to walk along
the OUTSIDE of the tracks! as in yeccchhh!!!