Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jthomefix@gmail.com is offline

Default Home Depot receipts

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:10:20 PM UTC-4, m II wrote:
Canada. A few days ago I purchased some lumber at my local Home depot.

On the Credit card machine a question came up before allowing me to

proceed. It asked "Would you like your receipt emailed to you? Y/N"

My God! Is the next thing the same way the phoney grocery bag scam has

gone? Are we going to have to pay for a printed store receipt if we

don't want to give out our spammail address?

After all it's all in the name of green planet hype, isn't it? That

paper receipt will kill millions of omeba in the twilight zone that

protects earth.

WTF is next?

--

mike

Mike, You will be given a Paper receipt always and without asking at Home Depot. The E-receipt prompt is a yes or no option. If you elect yes you will also receive a email of your receipt. If you elect No to many times the prompt
option , using a credit, will understand you do not want a e-receipt and swill stop asking. At this time there is no way to get the prompt request to return to a yes/no option unless you use a different credit card. There is no added charges for these options, it is all free. Hope this helps.
I love e-receipts, I can easily read them on my computer and they never fade.