Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default High level work-bench

On 03/27/2014 04:12 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message
I was watching a bit of film of a master goldsmith/jeweller at work. His
workbench was at chest height, because mainly close-up work.
He then had forearm rests, fixed to the bench, for doing the precision
manipulation work.
Does anyone here who regularly repairs/reworks SM boards have a similar
setup? Could of course be a standard bench height but cut-down stool.

Ha, I once worked in a music shop, and the benches in the workshop had been
made the exact same height as the bar top in the pub round the corner,
because someone thought that was a good idea.

Problem is, it meant lifting heavy power amplifiers onto these benches
reulted in multiple hernias.

You want a bench the height that does not require a clean and jerk to
achieve this feat.
Really.

My human engineering handbooks say 32 inches is optimum. You are free to
use a short chair.