Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Buzzing Thermostat

thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I have a Honeywell T6360B room stat controlling the fan on a Myson
kick space heater.
http://www.directheatingsupplies.co....FWfLtAodNAQArw

After only a year of operation it has started buzzing for a good few
seconds on each switching operation.

The fan rating is only 3A so should be well within the capacity of
the stat.
Is this just a duffer, or am I missing something?

I thought this would be the simplest most reliable solution for the
application. It seems to provide the control required, just makes a
noise doing it!

That's exactly the same one I have for my CH, and it's never made a sound.
Take the front cover off and have a look inside, maybe there's a wire arcing
or something else untoward going on.
Turn the stat down first, then when it's exposed, create demand and see
what's happening.